MWFive Common Marketing Errors
1. Failing to have a marketing plan resulting in disjointed marketing efforts, rather than a clear integrated approach. What is your defined marketing direction?
2. Trying to be all things to all people, instead of promoting a Unique Selling Proposition (USP) to a targeted audience. What is your market niche?
3. Thinking you know everything about your competitors. Try developing a benchmark matrix which documents each facet of their product, service or business. Know your market intimately
4. Failing to maintain a consistent marketing program. Even worse, failing to maintain regular contact with your customers. You are not building a relationship, there is no loyalty and you are failing to develop the most effective marketing tool - 'word of mouth'.
5. Unable to respond to your customers needs. Solving your prospects problems will make you successful. This means understanding the problem, having empathy, developing confidence, offering realistic options,responding immediately, over delivering and giving your customers a cause to take action.